Wednesday, December 7, 2016

What is language learning?


IMG_2630 copy.jpg

Well, I am here in the most beautiful state  in the world :) (Colorado), at Mission Training International (MTI)  learning language techniques and methodologies. I am not learning how to speak South Sudanese, but am learning how to "learn" a new language.  And it's so cool.  It's hard, but I have found that I can learn language!  Whoo hoo!  I'll be here until mid-November!  So much to learn and so grateful for this training.
I still plan to begin my 4 year term in Africa in January 2017.  I am in the process of selling my house (yes, the sweet River House) and most of my "stuff."   Some of that's hard and some of it is amazingly easy.  One thing is for sure, I will never let myself accumulate this much stuff ever again haha!
I'm also still raising monthly financial support.  If you would like to be a part of something totally incredible, please consider supporting this ministry on a monthly basis.  You can contact me or go to The Mission Society's website at www.themissionsociety.org.  You can give electronically via bank draft or credit card.  So easy to be a part of this and I know it will bring you so much joy!
This is such an incredible faith journey; just taking one step at a time!   And thank ya'll so much for your love, encouragement, and support.  I totally could not do this without you all!  LOVE!
More later -- from Colorado!
(Originally published November 2016) 

No comments:

Post a Comment