Saturday, December 24, 2016

Thank you Lord for such beautiful gifts!

As I sit here quietly on Christmas Eve, I reflect on the past year and pray about the new year.  I think about how blessed I am and I am so very thankful.  But the thing I am thinking the most about, are the gifts that I received from my brothers and sisters in Africa.  I think these are the things that I most cherish.  They gave me 3 beautiful and precious gifts and I will never be the same:).

First of all, they taught me what unconditional love is all about.  They loved me simply because I came to their country.  The loved me because that's what they do and who they are.  They are loving and kind and beyond gracious.

Secondly, they taught me the joy of the simple life.  They don't have much, as far as material things go and measured against our standard of living, but they have something very few of us in the US have....pure and simple joy.

Thirdly, they modeled total dependence on God for me in a way I have never seen before.  Total and complete trust.  Wildly beautiful worship.  Soul generated prayer.  And a confidence in God that is so deep.  And with that dependence, a beautiful and unshakeable peace.

And I pray that their examples, lessons and teachings will be pressed down deeply within my heart and soul and grow good and sweet fruit that reflects the love of Christ Jesus to all I meet.

And I am just so thankful to be counting down the days until I'm back in Africa, the place of my dreams and the place that God has led me to.  What a good, good Father He is.

And what a beautiful time of reflection, thanksgiving and prayer this has been.  Happy Birthday Jesus!  And a very Merry Christmas to all my sweet friends.  I love y'all!:):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment